Overland Park Women’s Health Tips
You’re probably aware that there are many ways to stay healthy . Unfortunately, many people get information overload when to comes to health and fitness. It can become overwhelming and although most people start off with good intentions, they easily give up, slipping back to old ways and habits. For women, this can become especially easy with their busy lifestyles. Here are some Overland Park women’s health tips.
- Look at your diet. A good balanced diet is essential in maintaining a healthy body. Remember, ‘junk in=junk out’. Eating junk food, fatty foods and other overly processed food will result in you feeling tired, depressed and lethargic. Simple changes to make would be reducing your red meat, high fat foods and high calorie foods. Increase your fiber and eat more fruits and vegetables. Fibre is great for digestion while fruit and vegetables will help keep vitamin and mineral levels up. An Overland Park women’s health specialist can give you diet tips and nutritional guidance.
- Drink plenty of water. One of the risks of not drinking enough water is the onset of kidney stones. If you know anybody who has had kidney stones, you’ll know this is to be avoided! Drinking plenty of water will keep you hydrated which in the long run will help you cleanse your body of impurities. You will start to feel more alert and less tired, you may notice your skin improves with a new radiance.
- Take a good multi vitamin supplement. Research has shown that men and women who take a good multi vitamin are generally healthier than those who do not.
- Stop smoking. This one is pretty obvious, but needs to be mentioned. If you are exercising, smoking can seriously hamper your progress, not to mention all the other health risks associated with this bad habit.
- Introduce some form of exercise into your daily routine. There are simple ways to get exercise without really trying. Walk more, take the stairs more and play outside with your children. As you incorporate exercise into your daily life, you may want to consider using an Overland Park women’s health trainer to increase your fitness level.
- Reduce the sources of your stress. Stressful situations whether at home or at work can leave you with excess amounts of adrenaline and other ‘fight or flight’ by-products. These can affect heart muscle, upset sleep patterns causing insomnia and much more. Exercise can help, but you’ll need to figure out what causes the stress to begin with and address that source.
- Use a good sunscreen. Although some sun is good for us, too much can be harmful. Always use a good quality sunscreen. This will prevent wrinkles as well as reduce the inflammation in the skin that can lead to cancer.
- Keep up your dental hygiene. This health area is often overlooked. Although most people brush their teeth everyday, keeping up preventative maintenance by flossing and regular dental visits can help prevent gum disease which is a particular problem for aging men and women.
If you are in the Kansas area, you should look into getting an Overland Park women’s health and fitness professional to help keep you on the road to maintaining your long-term health goals.