Oct. 19, 2011
Weight Loss Overland Park – 5 Quick Weight Loss Tips
1. Drink more water – try to consume half your body weight in ounces of water daily. If you weigh 150 lbs., drink 75 oz. per day. Studies show individuals who drink at least half their weight in ounces of water daily are leaner.
2. Limit your sugar intake – Sugar is the most fattening thing you can put in your mouth. If you’re consuming sugar you’d better be sprinting if you don’t want to store it as fat!
3. Eat more often – Try to keep your body fed all day long by eating small meals every 2-3 hours. Your metabolism is naturally higher when food is in your digestive system.
4. Lift weights – We burn calories 3x when lifting weights, only once when we do cardio. Invest your time wisely.
5. Take a cheat day – Have one day a week where you relax a little on the diet. Try to eat really well 6 days a week then take a day off. This always gives me a little more motivation during my 6 healthy days
Bonus: Take a whey protein shake after workouts. Studies have shown consuming a whey protein shake post weight workout is more beneficial than consuming normal foods.